Today the Church celebrates the memory of one of the great proto-Hesychasts, St Symeon the New Theologian (life). I'm not sure if I'll have time today to write anything myself about this great saint, so I'll leave you with enough online resources to keep you busy for the day:
- St Symeon, three volumes of his works in Greek online.
- St Symeon, a few short excerpts from his writings in both Greek and English.
- St Symeon, The Three Ways of Attention and Prayer.
- St Symeon, Five Poems.
- St Symeon, A Priestly Prayer for Faith.
- Bishop Hilarion (Alfeyev), St Symeon the New Theologian and Orthodox Tradition (introduction and first chapter; excellent.)
- Hieromonk Alexander (Golitzin), review of the above book.
- Deacon Matthew Steenberg, Symeon the New Theologian: On the Divine Light.