Five photographs from the Visoki Decani Monastery in Kosovo, now illegally separated from Serbia:
1. A fourteenth-century fresco depicting the House of Nemanjic.
2. The cathedral, dedicated to Christ Pantocrator, is the largest medieval church in the Balkans and contains very well-preserved fourteenth century frescoes from the Palaelogian Rennaisance period.
3. The interior of the cathedral during a Divine Service.
4. Bishop Teodosije, the abbot, with the monastic brotherhood in November 2002.
5. Turkish soldiers ("Nizams"), assigned to protect the monastery from Albanian attack, marching around the cathedral in the beginning of the twentieth century.
For much more on Decani, see this website.