Today, on which we commemorate the Righteous Job the Long-Suffering (as well as his namesake, St Job of Pochaev), is the birthday of the Tsar-Martyr Nicholas II. Much slandered in his lifetime, he continues to be misunderstood today. St John of Shangahai and San Francisco wrote of him:
The battle against Tsar Nicholas II was clearly bound up with the battle against God and faith . . . He became a Martyr, having remained faithful to the Ruler of those who rule, and accepted death in the same way as the martyrs accepted it.To read more on the Tsar-Martyr, have at look through these online resources:
- Life and Miracles.
- God's Anointed Suffer Tsar-Martyr Nicholas II.
- The Royal Passion Bearer Tsar Martyr Nicholas Alexandrovich Romanov II.
- Tsar-Martyr Nicholas.
- Not Abdication of the Tsar, but Abdication from the Tsar.
- Penitence for the Tsar.
- Miracles of the Royal Martyrs.
- The Royal Martyrs of Russia (compendium).